Dr. Joseph Manfrida from EMLab P&K’s Risk Assessment Pathogen Program begins collaboration with TestAmerica’s Ask the Expert webinar series
Dr. Joseph Manfrida has begun working with the TestAmerica Ask the Expert webinar series to bring additional opportunities for education to interested professionals. Originally known for his acclaimed presentations in bacteriology, nosocomial mycoses, and USP <797>, Dr. Manfrida is now presenting alongside the scientists of TestAmerica to create opportunities to discuss additional topics.
The Science and Ambiguity of Asbestos, will be presented on October 25th, 2012. The nature of asbestos, the threat it poses to human health, and the technologies available to investigate its presence are frequently misunderstood. Dr. Manfrida will be discussing the science behind asbestos contamination and how it interacts with the medical, legal, and technical aspects of detecting and removing the contaminate. Webinar attendees will leave with a greater understanding of the motivation and reasoning behind current practices regarding asbestos.
Course topics include:
• The controversy surrounding the definition of asbestos as well as give the current operative definition delineated by NIOSH
• Identifying the major types of asbestos
• Major medical conditions resulting from asbestos exposure and current hypotheses regarding how pathologies develop
• Current federal regulations applying to asbestos, including recommended exposure limits
• Technologies for asbestos testing
• Future goals of NIOSH asbestos research and regulation
Register at: http://www.testamericainc.com/services/webinar_series.aspx
Dr. Manfrida will discuss USP <797> on August 2nd, 2012. This USP <797> training course provides information regarding the background and purpose of USP <797> and will discuss designing and executing a USP <797> sampling regimen.
USP <797> course topics include:
• History and background of USP <797>
• Where USP <797> regulation applies
• Determining what types of testing are needed
• Designing a testing regimen
• Interpreting data
• Investigation and remediation of contamination