New Article on Pharmacy Equipment Planning Published
Equipment Planning, Inc. is pleased to announce the publication of a new article about pharmacy equipment planning. The article was published on Pharmacy Design (www.pharmacydesign.org), the website focused on pharmacy design and pharmacy equipment planning.
The article discusses the following equipment planning concepts for a mail order pharmacy:
– an aesthetically pleasing pharmacy environment, combined with a focus on pharmacy workflow and pharmacy functionality
– creation of pharmacy “pod” workstations
– pharmacy pod storage
– pharmacy pod touch screen computer
– use of pharmacy counting machines, located close to each pod for increased prescription workflow
– an efficient pharmacy storage and pharmacy shelving system to house drug overstock
– provision of excess pharmacy shelving to accommodate company and stock volume growth
– custom controlled substance cabinets disguised to look identical to regular cabinets to prevent theft in the event of a break in. These cabinets are located in a central, clear area for constant monitoring and easy access.
– provision for future addition of pharmacy automation technology, as well as the addition of new pharmacist/technician teams.
To view this article: go to www.pharmacydesign.org
About Equipment Planning, Inc.: Founded by well-known equipment planner William N. Bernstein, LEED®AP, AIA, the firm is a nationally-known hospital equipment planning company. The firm provides medical equipment planning services to hospitals, healthcare facilities and laboratories.
For more information about healthcare equipment planning and laboratory equipment planning, construction, please contact:
William N. Bernstein, LEED®AP, AIA – President
Equipment Planning, Inc.
59 West 19th Street – 6A New York, NY 10011